Village of Earlville


Small Business Programs

Would you like to start or grow your small business in the greater Earlville area? The New York State Directory of Small Business Programs is the first-of-its-kind interactive program aimed to do just that. Created by Governor David A. Paterson and sponsored by the Small Business Task Force, this guide is designed to help small business owners and entrepreneurs access valuable resources for planning and operations.  To view this valuable tool, click here.

County Transit Systems Bus Service Schedules

  The Madison County Transit System

 Bus Route 

  The cost to ride is: 

$3.00  Fixed Route, Route Deviation

$6.00  Dial a Ride

Half Fare  Seniors (60 years and older)

Half Fare  Persons with Disabilities

Half Fare  Youth (ages 6-16)  Under 5 is free

$45.00     Monthly pass

  County residents interested in scheduling a ride or receiving more information

about Madison Transit should call Birnie Bus at (315) 824-1260.

  Chenango County Public Transit does not have online access to their services, cost or schedule(s). For more information, contact them in Norwich at (607) 334-7433 or toll-free at (800) 943-7433.

Rabies Vaccination Clinics

The Madison County and Chenango County Health Departments are sponsoring rabies vaccination clinics in 2012 around their respective counties. The "cost" in Madison County is a voluntary $5 donation per pet to help defray clinic costs; in Chenango County the rabies clinics are free. For more information about Madison County, call the Environmental Health Department at (315) 366-2526; in Chenango County call the Department of Public Health at (607) 337-1673. For more information about the Madison County Department of Health and their various programs and services, visit them here.

Dog Licenses

New York State Agriculture and Markets Law requires all dogs in New York State to be licensed. New legislation signed by Governor Paterson requires all pet dealers to give notice to any person buying a dog that licenses may be obtained from the municipality in which the dog resides. If you live in:

  • Madison County, contact Hamilton Town Clerk at (315) 824-3380
  • Chenango County, contact the Sherburne Town Clerk at (607) 674-4481

You can download the NYS Dog License Application here. Complete the form and then remit it to your respective municipal licensing agent above, either in person or by mail with the following:

  • The completed application form;
  • Appropriate fee (check with your municipal licensing agent for the local fee amount);
  • Spay/neuter certificate (if applicable);
  • Proof of rabies vaccination signed by a licensed veterinarian; and
  • If applicable, proof of exemption status.

In New York State, all towns and cities license dogs, however few villages are granted the authority to do so. Earlville is not one of them. For more information about dog licensing, visit the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets website here.



Real Property Assessment Concerns

During the annual grievance period for assessments, the New York State Board of Real Property Services has created the form here to help you with a complaint on real property assessment. This form is for your respective (Madison or Chenango County) assessor, not the village.


Marriage licenses and fishing licenses can be obtained from your respective town clerk (see the dog licenses listings above for contact information).

Certified Transcripts of Death and Birth Certificates can be obtained from the Village Office if the deceased's certificate was filed in Earlville or if your birth was performed in Earlville. The cost is $10 for each certificate requested.

Open Burning Regulations

We have received numerous questions about the NYSDEC Opening Burning Regulations that were revised in 2009. Our new Opening Burning Law page spells out when Village of Earlville residents are and are not allowed to undertake open burning as defined by the DEC. If you believe someone in the village is in violation of the New York State Open Burning Law, contact the NYSDEC Region 7 Air Quality Office at (315) 426-7552. Your information can be kept confidential. For a full version of the law, visit the DEC website here.